Monday, June 24, 2013

 I have long been on a quest to find natural looking lipliners that don't look orange or brown on my pale cool skin (MAC nw10/ MUFE 110/ BB Alabaster) and I think I have finally found a few good ones.  My current favorite is Prescriptives Dusty Rose, a muted cool mauve shade that looks very natural and matches my lips well. The texture is a bit thick and almost tacky unfortunately, yet the color is so perfect for me I adore it anyway.  I am also enjoying Laura Mercier's Plumberry although it comes across more rosey than plum or berry on me.  It has a very nice creamy texture which makes it great for filling in the lips as I like to do. But on the flipside, it is not the most long lasting lip pencil because of that lovely creamy texture. The newest addition to my collection is Hue #011 by Julie Hewett which is a medium cool pink with a slight sheen.  The formula of this one is harder than the Laura Mercier but it applies well.  The jury is still out on this one.  I have not worn it enough to review it yet.  I normally prefer matte lip pencils but don't mind the slight sheen on the Julie Hewett.  

L-R Prescriptives Dusty Rose, Laura Mercier Plumberry, Julie Hewett Hue #011, Jordana Rock N Rose, Eve Pearl Cosmo, NYX Nude Pink, Prestige Silk.

 

The Jordana Rock N Rose and Eve Pearl Cosmo are very similar in color, both of which are far too brown for me to pull off.  Cosmo is slightly deep/richer in color.  The NYX Nude Pink is quite peachy on my lips and looks a bit off with my cool complexion although it does have a nice creamy texture which is easy to apply.  And finally, the Prestige Silk is the lightest of the bunch with a very muted mauve/pink tone.  The texture could be improved.  I find it quite hard to work with and the color is a bit too pale on my pigmented lips so I don't reach for this one often.  

L-R Prescriptives Dusty Rose, Laura Mercier Plumberry, Julie Hewett Hue #011, Jordana Rock N Rose, Eve Pearl Cosmo, NYX Nude Pink, Prestige Silk.

No comments:

Post a Comment